Hello hello! Sorry for the radio silence yesterday. We had some technical difficulties with our interwebs, and then work was insanely busy. So, I figured I’d give you something to read on a Saturday. Which, actually, is my Friday anyway. So, I think I’m in the clear.
1. IT’S SNOWING….kind of. From what I can see outside (it’s still dark out), it’s snowing, but it’s not sticking. Bust. I think I’m ready for one good storm (preferably when I don’t have to go to work) and then for it to not snow until after I’m done marathon training. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.
2. I feel really unprepared and kind of freaked out about tomorrow. I have no idea what I’m wearing, I’m not packed (we’re leaving as soon as I get home from work today) and I just generally feel like I should be more prepared.
3. In addition to feeling unprepared and freaked out, I am also SUPER pumped. I got Jeff to watch “Without Limits” with me last night, and now I am so ready to go out there and run as hard as I can!
I love that movie so hard. I’m always SO INSPIRED at the end and then BAM. The ending hits you like a sack of bricks and I end up crying. So many emotions.
4. I did that silly burpee workout on Wednesday and I am STILL sore. That was a bad decision. My legs felt ok yesterday when I went running, but I dunno man. I’m going to bring my tiger stick (and possibly my roller) to my aunt and uncle’s house this evening and hope I can work it out some more before tomorrow.
5. Speaking of my run yesterday, let me tell you about it! I didn’t sleep well–I was up from about 3:45-4:30ish. I finally got back to sleep and whammy, my alarm went off. There was no way I could do it. So, I went back to sleep for an extra hour and brought my running stuff with me to work. I was all “maybe I can work a true 8 hour day and get out and run before I head home”. Well, that didn’t happen. I ended up working an 8.5 hour day and when I finally did get out, I waffled a tiny bit about it. It was starting to get dark, I had a 40 min drive ahead of me, wah wah wah, the usual excuses. Then I thought about the potential run in the rain/snow if I waited to run till the morning, so I changed and started running.
I did an easy three–nothing spectacular, I just wanted to shake it out once more before the race. I finished, snapped a photo for instagram (obviously) and then started my drive home. I never think to run after work anymore because of my commute, but I had forgotten how nice it can be. There’s something about running first thing in the morning that I love, but it can be very therapeutic to run after work.
Anyway, I gotta get going! Packing needs to get done, and then there’s that matter of getting to work. Hope you all have lovely weekends! 🙂
What are your plans for the weekend? Anyone else racing?