I was about to ask if anyone else was excited it’s Friday, but DUH. It’s Friday. I can’t imagine a single person in the world who is like “Ew. Friday.”
Thanks everyone for your comments on yesterday’s post! It’s always good to know you’re not the only one feeling a certain way! I’m sure my motivation is hiding somewhere, I’ve just got to find it! I have plans for a long run this weekend on a trail I’ve been dying to try for weeks (seriously. And every weekend seems to have something go wrong, so I’m stoked to have the opportunity to try it this weekend!). I’m hoping some alone time on a pretty trail is just the medicine I’ll need!
Anyways, let’s get to our Friday Things.
1. I finally just started listening to the podcast Undisclosed. If you were a reader back when Serial was first coming out, you may remember my obsession with it. Once it ended, I wanted more information and heard about Undisclosed coming out, but I never tried listening to it! Weird, I know. My friend told me to give it a shot and I’m so glad I did. If you enjoyed Serial and are curious about the Adnan Sayed case, I recommend giving it a listen. I had SO many unanswered questions after Serial ended, and Undisclosed is doing it’s best to answer them. I’m only two episodes in and all I can think is “How did this case get SO royally effed up?” I truly hope I’m never involved in a crime, because after this, I’m terrified of the way investigations go!
Maybe Bones and Booth will be on my case, and then for sure the real perpetrator will be caught….Anyways..
2. I read this article about Ice Baths from Runner’s World and found it extremely interesting. I’m a huge proponent of the ice bath. Any long run 14+ miles, I ice bath when I get home. It’s an interesting read!
3. Have you ever brewed your own Kombucha? After reading Tracy’s post about it, I feel like it’s something I may want to try. I love Kombucha but man! $4 a bottle adds up quick. I usually buy one for myself as a treat on the weekends. It’d be nice to have a stock in my fridge.
4. Have you read this article? I remember reading it about six months ago when it first made the rounds on Facebook, but I came across it again yesterday and re-read it. Kindness, people. Not just in your romantic relationship, but in all your relationships. Can you imagine what the world would be if we were all a little more kind to each other? There’s your food for thought this Friday. 😉
5. I’m seriously craving some time by some water. I wish it was the beach (we had a beach day planned for while we were in Houston, but unfortunately due to the tropical storms that water was bacteria loaded so that got scratched), but I’ll settle for a lake or the creek. J and I have been talking about taking a day trip, so hopefully we’ll make that happen soon!
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!