Hello! I hope your Friday is sunny and warm. It’s currently cloudy and miserable here…more rain is in the forecast. I don’t know what is up with summer this year, but I’m over the gloom! Bring on the sun and warm weather!
This week has been a doozy. I’ve been really tired and really hungry…my body adapting to running again, I imagine. Anyway, let’s hop to it!
1. One Wednesday, driving home from work, my car lost power in the middle of the busiest street in Flagstaff. During rush hour. I sat there for a split second thinking “Oh SHIT”. I threw my car into park, put on my hazards and started trying to get it going again, so I could at least pull over (I was in the middle of the left lane at a stop light). No go. Luckily, some guys were walking past and yelled to me and asked if I needed help pushing. YES THANK YOU! They pushed me out of traffic and into a parking lot and I thanked them profusely. Then I called J and let him know and he came to rescue me.
Eight year ago when I bought my car (Geez. It’s been eight years!), about a month after, the check engine light came on and I was told it was the catalytic converter. It was going to be an expensive fix (we’re talking thousandS and I had just bought the damn thing), but they told me I could drive on it for a while….so for eight years, I’ve been driving with my check engine light on. Well, J believes that my cat is so clogged, my car won’t stay on. J is confident he can fix it, yay! So, hopefully next week I’ll have my car back. I have never been so grateful to be in love with a car guy as I was when he was driving that thing back home. I don’t know how he did it, but he’s amazing.
2. June holds a lot of big memories for me. I’ve been in this perpetual state of walking down memory lane all week. Four years ago today, my best friend and I were getting to the airport to embark on a six week long European Backpacking Extravaganza!
3 years ago, I climbed to the top of Mt. Whitney and then met J a week later. Two years ago, I was traveling to Montana for said best friend’s wedding shower,
And last year I ran the Utah Valley Marathon and crushed my PR by 18 minutes. It’s amazing the things that have happened, all in the same week, just one year apart.
3. Has anyone been following Scott Jurek’s trek across the Appalachian Trail? He’s attempting to run the entire thing in something like 41 days. I’ve been following him on Instagram for a while, and it’s been so amazing seeing his posts each day. I can’t imagine running that much day after day. Incredible.
4. It’s Donut Day! Are you celebrating? I was hoping to get one this morning, but we didn’t have time. I may have convinced my coworker to go get us some though!
5. Any “Game of Thrones” fans out there? I just had this huge soapbox-y rant written out and deleted it. J and I are a few weeks behind–we JUST watched the Sansa rape episode and I have lots of thoughts and feelings about it. I decided not to subject everyone to it, though, and got rid of it. IF you want to talk about it though in the comments, I would be happy to get all ranty about it there 😉
Have great weekends everyone! I plan on running 6-7 miles tomorrow morning. Eek! I have no idea how it’ll go, but after I survive I know mentally I’ll feel better going into the race next weekend.
Do you ever get overly angry at television shows or movies? I definitely do.