Hello! Happy Friday! I’m going to dive right in with some Friday Things….
1.I want to tell you all about how great running is going, but I’m going to save that for a real Training Log post (!!!!!!) on Monday. I don’t even know how long it’s been since I did one of those, and I am probably a little too excited for it.
2. We FINALLY have some summer weather! This whole week it’s been in the 70s and this weekend we’re supposed to finally hit 80. We’ve got a BBQ planned this weekend and I’ve got some pool hanging scheduled with a dear friend. I even turned the heat OFF in our house this morning. (Yes, we’ve had the heat on this whole time…it’s been cold).
3. When my alarm went off this morning, I was having a very vivid dream where I had ordered a drink at Starbucks (a latte too…not anything complicated) and the barista had no idea how to make it. So, after arguing with her for a while, I was walking her through it. It was very, very weird and I woke up desperately needing coffee. Random, no?
4. I’m a tad worried about running this race in 2 weeks. I hope to run 5 miles tomorrow and maybe 6 or 7 next weekend to hopefully be ready to go the weekend after that….I keep telling myself I’ll be fine. I wasn’t going to really run this race for time anyway, so who cares if I need to walk a bit? The other thing I’m worried about? The race is on the trail I was on when I sprained my ankle. I’m excited to use it as redemption, but I’m also kind of afraid of it happening again. That would be the pits.
5. The flooding going on in Texas and Oklahoma is absolutely blowing my mind. J’s from Houston originally, so he’s been checking in on family and friends all week. I’ve never seen flooding like that and legitimately cannot wrap my head around it. I hope all of you from the areas are staying safe and dry! I saw another storm is headed your way. Scary!
6. Has anyone been keeping up with the news headlines surrounding this season of the Bachelorette? (I realize how ridiculous that sounds with all the flooding and tragedy occurring in Oklahoma and Texas right now, but everyone we know in Houston is safe and I need light, funny things to offset all the tragedy in the news). First, we had coitus confirmation in the preview of “What’s to Come this Season”. THEN this. I’m wondering if it’s some sort of weird joke, but regardless, this has been one of the best seasons of the Bachelorette I’ve seen so far…and there’s only been two episodes.
Alright, that’s all I’ve got today friends. I hope you have a fabulous weekend! Log some miles, and enjoy the sunshine. And those of you in Texas and Oklahoma STAY SAFE! See you Monday with a weekly report filled with running! 🙂