I hope your week has been great and have sped by in a flash for you! As I said in my post yesterday, I feel a little off my rocker, but I’m doing my best to enjoy the taper time. I feel exhausted though. Like, I cannot get enough sleep. And unfortunately, I don’t have a whole lot of opportunity to really sleep in before the race (my work schedule has gotten all screwy in order to get the Friday and Saturday off for the race I need), so I’m going to do my best to go to sleep early the next two weeks!
Anyway let’s hop to the things of the week!
1. My phone screen broke the other day. I’ve had a few friends with the iPhone6 talk about how easily their phone screens shattered and now I can join the club. I dropped it, just barely, and the bottom of the screen is now being held together by my screen protector. It’s so sad. If anyone knows of a place to get their screen fixed for cheap, pass along the info!
2. My mom told me about a show she saw on PBS a while ago, “Death Comes to Pemberly”, but I couldn’t find it anywhere. Well! Lo and behold it’s now on Netflix!
I’ve only watched the first episode, but I enjoyed it. I’m a sucker for Jane Austen, especially “Pride and Prejudice” (the book and the BBC miniseries with Colin Firth. Not that filth with Kiera Knightly), so I’m all over it.
3. Speaking of Netflix, I was informed by the man friend that “House of Cards” is back! I had no idea (I’m out of the loop apparently) but I’m so excited to start watching.
4. I registered this morning for the Team Run Flagstaff’s summer race series. It’s one Wednesday evening a month in June, July and August and I’m pumped. The distances are a 7k, a 5k and 3k. It should be a fun opportunity to meet some other Flagstaff runners. Unfortunately, my work schedule prohibits my joining group runs, so I’m pretty pumped for the opportunity!
5. I’m so excited for the weekend. I have to work tomorrow, but Jeff and I are planning an ever romantic evening of Thai takeout and movie watching. We’ve never gone out on Valentine’s Day and I kind of love that.
I hope you all have a splendid weekend! I think I’m gonna shoot for 13 miles on Sunday as my last long run before the race. We’ll see how I’m feeling. See ya on Monday!
How do you and yours celebrate Valentine’s day? Any exciting plans?
How far are you running this weekend?