Happy Friday, friends! I hope you all had a wonderful day eating yourself senseless yesterday! I started my day with a 7 mile run and the proceeded to eat all day long. It was glorious.
1. I’m thankful that my family came to spend Thanksgiving with us. When I realized I would be working before and after Thanksgiving (I worked Tuesday and Wednesday and then work today and tomorrow) my parents, brother and his girlfriend, Ingrid, and my aunt and uncle graciously offered to come to Flag to spend Thanksgiving with us. They came in on Wednesday and are here until tomorrow and it’s been great. Everyone also brought their dogs, so we have four crazed mutts running around.
It’s been wonderful. I’m extremely happy I had the day to spend with them. It feels weird to be going to work today, but at least it’s only two more days until the weekend!
2. This gave me a laugh. Read my mind. #14 is so true it hurts.
3. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can start getting into the Christmas spirit! We kicked things off after dinner with a showing of the most classic Christmas movie ever:
I can’t wait to pull out our Christmas tree and buy lights for the outside of the house! Christmas is my favorite time of year and I’m so excited to get it started!
4. I’ve been on the hunt for some more great podcasts. I have my few staples that I subscribe to and do the job for my commute, but now that I’m getting into longer runs, I find myself with nothing to listen to! I’m trying a few new ones out, but any suggestions for some great shows would be welcome!
5. I’m hoping to snag a great running jacket sometime this weekend with the inevitable Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Super Saturday/whatever deal. I already spent some money at Oiselle this morning (15% off orders over $150 and $20 off orders over $250) but I have yet to find that one jacket that I’m excited about. I have my eye on a few at RoadRunner’s and I’m hoping they’ll go on sale this weekend.
Have a happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your long weekend–for my sake!