Happy Halloween Friends!
I can’t believe it’s Halloween! How has that happened? No big plans here for the holiday. I work early tomorrow morning, so Jeff and I plan on handing out candy to trick-or-treaters and watching a scary movie. He actually mentioned watching Gremlins, which I don’t remember at allll from childhood, so that should be fun!
1. Serial – I’m still enjoying the crap out of the “Serial” podcasts. My friend sent me this awesome article yesterday that recaps the first six episodes. Check it out if you’re into the podcast! And if you haven’t listened yet….what are you waiting for?
2. Fury – We went and watched “Fury” on Wednesday night. Jeff loved it. I…am still on the fence. I had completely forgotten what it was about, other than a tank brigade in World War II. Being a history and World War II buff, I was excited about it, and had gotten it into my head that it was based on a true story. I was totally with it up until about the last 45 minutes when I suddenly went “oh woah. this is not real.” So, I’d like to see it again knowing that…I’m being real vague but I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone.
If you like World War II movies, and liked “Inglorious Basterds”, I say go see it. The acting was great (SHIA surprised the hell out of me) and the movie was very well shot.
(Also–Jeff leaned over at one point and said something about Brad Pitt being fifty. My reaction was “man that makes me feel old”. How am I old enough that Brad Pitt is FIFTY? Weird response?)
3. Elementary is back! I’m such a fan of this show and I’m so excited for the third season.
4. Tired legs – I know this is a weird one, but I’ve reached a week in my training where I am T I R E D. It’s a nice feeling to be running on tired legs again. I feel like I’m actually accomplishing something. I’ve been trying to wear my compression socks more regularly as a result. Especially during my commute.
5. More cold weather gear! I bought this shirt (in purple) and this shirt (in black/grey) from Target the other day. I love both of them! One of my biggest pet peeves with long sleeve shirts is when they’re too tight and ride up when you’re running. These do not do that. I also bought a new beanie and gloves. I’m getting closer and closer to have a solid wardrobe that makes me feel prepared to tackle running in the cold.
Have a very Happy and safe Halloween everyone!